This dessert/snack/tasty treat has become my go-to for many reasons. I will list them for you here:
- It's ridiculously easy.
- It's healthy.
- It's decadent.
- It's grape season.
- It can be packed for lunch.
- It can be put into small ramekins for portion control or into a large bowl for parties and pot lucks.
- People will be skeptical of it before they've tried it.
- People will fall in love with it once they've tried it.
- It tastes like it should be bad for you.
- It contains Greek yogurt.
- Did I mention it's ridiculously easy?
The best part about this dish is the topping. Do not skimp on the topping. And, like I mentioned, this is a perfect dish for pot lucks. Have fun turning skeptics into fans!
Grape and Yogurt Salad
Serves 8. 197 calories - 8.7g fat - 27.5g carbs - 1.8g fiber - 5.6g protein
For the salad:
- 1 lb green seedless grapes, washed and dried well
- 1 lb red seedless grapes, washed and dried well
- 6 oz fat free vanilla Greek yogurt
- 3 oz light cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbs. agave (or sugar)
For the topping:
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed (or turbinado sugar)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans), toasted
2. Mix yogurt, cream cheese, and agave until well blended. Fold grapes into mixture. Pour grape mixture into large serving bowl or small ramekins. Chill until ready to serve.
3. Meanwhile, toast walnuts in small skillet on stove-top until fragrant.
4. Once walnuts are cooled, combine brown sugar and chopped walnuts in small bowl. Before serving, sprinkle mixture over top of grapes to cover completely.